Thursday, March 20, 2008

First online race win!

I decided to get some Burnout Paradise in last night, and I am so glad that I did. I risked the freezing 360 for some on-line races after grabbing a few Time Road Rules. I have the usual crap, host leaves, can't connect to everyone, then I get into a game with a bunch of players. We start up a race on the curvy mountain roads, and right off the bat I miss a chance to Takedown one racer. I try for a jump, and miss that. Now, back in 4th place I start driving better; and it is showing. I pass the cluster of three cars and take first, and see that the finish line is less than a half a mile away. The minimap shows all three arrows right behind me, so I chance a look in the rear-view mirror, see that they are RIGHT behind me... and promptly crash. The Amazing Race effect took hold, though and all three cars were so closely following the guy in first place that they all hit the rock too! I was using a Stunt car, so I could use my Boost right out of the gate, and was able to clinch the win pretty easily after that part. Such a nice feeling. Of course the 360 froze before the next race could start, but it was fun while it lasted. Where is the new 360!?

No comments: