Monday, March 10, 2008

Mega Gaming Weekend

This past week I wound up knocking Halo 3 off of my stack. It wasn't really intentional, but the pieces just fell into place and I knocked it off with three friends on the hardest difficulty. We grabbed 8/13 Skulls in our journeys, they add a nice level of challenge, so I can see myself going back for the other 5 later. Halo 3 is one of those games that I'm not really done with, I just finished the campaign, so I don't have to worry about spoilers or missing out on part of the story. I do still want to get back to it with McGuire, he and I did the first 5 levels already and it was fun playing with him, as always.

Sunday was the big "Super Smash Brothers Brawl" release day, I've been looking forward to playing that game for ages. I had decided to pick up Burnout Paradise while I was there (hooray for performance sharing bonuses!), so I came home from Best Buy on Sunday with two shiny new games; neither one of them a stack candidate. With Super Smash Brothers Melee, I played the crap out of it, until I had unlocked every character, every stage and everything else unlockable, then I considered it "done". It still got plenty of love, the good 4 player mode caused it to be brought out quite often, I can't see Brawl being all that different in that regard. First things first: I must get R.O.B. as a playable character.

Ironically, I think I spent slightly more time with Burnout than Smash Brothers Sunday. It makes the 360 freeze up, as I expected, but I get a chance to usually finish at least one event per freeze. It's just a matter of time before the 360 RRODs.

No comments: