Thursday, February 7, 2008

Snipers

Being a Thursday, I'll likely be playing Team Fortress 2 tonight. I enjoy the game, at least most of the time, but I don't have the words to describe my distaste of Snipers. In any game that has Snipers, they are the most annoying, hardest to counter, and generally most chickenshit class of players out there. Right now, I'm of the opinion that only Shadowrun got Snipers mostly right: you get kicked out of zoom if you take damage, you can't headshot Dwarves, your position can be revealed by techs, your bullets can be negated by Smoke. I think the biggest problem with Snipers in most games is that aiming so accurately is really, really hard. Most games make it too easy (for anyone who isn't me, at least). Get out of your hiding spot and play the damn game!

No comments: