Friday, February 8, 2008

Failure and Victory

So, I played TF2, as expected, and got frustrated, as expected. At least it wasn't all-sniping, all the time. It was all-spy, all the time, but I usually don't have as big a problem with them. Apparently, the backstab angle is about 180 degrees wide, based on how often I got stabbed with my back to a wall. Ever since the more regular players started forming teams to compete against other websites, the level of play has gone up so high I don't think I can take it anymore. There was a Heavy/Medic combo that actually killed 3 engineers (me being one), two of our turrets, all three dispensers, two teleporters and at least 3 other players in one 10-second uber-charge. I was honestly having fun for a while, but after getting steamrolled so many times, the frustration level got way too high. Talk about failure...

On to the victory: I did "Run To The Hills" on Hard Guitar and Hard Vocals last night. After getting fed up with TF2, I decided to grab a few more achievements on the 360. I did a few arcade games, then loaded up Rock Band to kind of wind down for the night. I go into my one-man-band, and hit the last location in Boston. It was a crazy set, it started with some of the easiest songs: "Say It Ain't So", "In Bloom", "I Think I'm Paranoid", "Go With the Flow", then, out of the blue: "Run To The Hills". I was freaking out, I can really only manage three stars on average when doing both at Hard, and that song is really tough. I still only got three stars, but I don't think my two meters ever dropped into the red, and I might have kept them both out of the yellow. I was so thrilled, it felt great. Of course, that meant I had to keep playing, cause I was so pumped up. I had some trouble with Faith No More's "Epic", but was able to handle "Ballroom Blitz" with flair - which was awesome.

No comments: