Monday, February 18, 2008

Hunting Keys

Finally, I have come to what is likely the worst part of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - the key hunt. After defeating the giant 4 stage boss of the Temple Sanctuary, I need to find 9 Sky Temple Keys. Fortunately for me, I had already uncovered 2 of them before I got the mission to do it, and was able to get 3 more before I went to bed last night. This means that I probably have the 4 hardest to find that remain. I actually know where one of them is, but I can't see my way to get to it just yet. This also strongly implies that I have gotten all of the items/suits/powerups that I am likely to get, and I was able to track down a couple of hidden weapon upgrades, too. Samus is now the complete bad ass that I look forward to having: Light Suit so she doesn't take damage in Dark Aether, Screw Attack, Light Gun, Dark Gun, Annihilator Gun, Echoes Visor, Dark Visor, Power Bombs, loads of energy tanks, almost 200 missiles, 150 Ammo, and Missile combos for all of the guns.

Based on scan percentage, I have gotten the highest percentage of scans that I have ever managed in a Metroid game. I can also tell that I'll be squaring off against Dark Samus two more times, I just hope that she is the Ing defender of the Sky Temple's energy, and not a follow-on boss. Either way, I look forward to finishing this game. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is past time to be done with it. Then it is on to Psychonauts!

No comments: