Monday, January 23, 2017

Is this thing on?

So, I just remembered that I made this blog a long time ago.  I'm not sure what reminded me that it was out there, but thanks to the power of the internet, it's still there.  It looks like my last posting there was during George W Bush's administration - before we even elected Obama - so to say it's been a while would be an understatement.

So, it's been about 9 years.  How are you?  Things have been interesting for me in the last almost decade.  I got divorced, changed jobs, bought a new car, got a really cool Geek Chic gaming table, largely out-grew said table, got two nice groups of reliable gamers to play board games and RPG games with on a regular basis.  I consider myself more of a board/tabletop gamer now than a video gamer.  It really enforces the whole social aspect, plus my old-man reflexes don't hurt me as much in a turn-based board game as they would in the latest Battlefield game.  It doesn't mean I don't want to buy Battlefield 1, but I'm holding off since I haven't been playing a lot of shooters these days.  My current games of near-obsession are Guild Ball, Scythe, and Tesla vs Edison.

I will try to not let another Presidential administration go by before my next post, but no promises.
-Rob

No comments: