Monday, January 28, 2008

Currently working on...

Last night, hell, most of my gaming time over the weekend, went into Metroid Prime 2. Seriously good game, even though I really hate the save point system, and some of the gaps between saves and bosses are just mean-spirited. I'm well past where I was when the first Save got corrupted, and I can finally move in water the way Samus is supposed to be able to - the game gives me about 30% done, so I figure I'm close to halfway through. Taking a page from Certis' notebook, I'm going to focus on one single player game at a time. Metroid Prime 2 gets my attention now, and either Bioshock or Psychonauts is next. Bioshock is really tempting me, because I don't want to risk having more spoilers tossed in my face, but I think I have to go with Psychonauts since I don't know how much longer it will be free on GameTap.

I got a good Pokemon match in against Antonio; he went with an Eevee team, which was really fun to see. I felt a little bad about beating it up so badly, but I have my guys trained to do max damage, and I know the type advantages a little better than he does. I hope he keeps venturing out from just doing uber Legendaries, it makes for better battles.

Still messing around with Perl and Python at work, mostly monkeying around with existing scripts, so it doesn't feel like I'm learning it, more just getting a feel for what other people have done.

No comments: